NOTE: WE WILL BE ACCEPTING SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS FOR THE SEPT 2018 CLASSES UNTIL 15 JULY 2018, and FOR THE MARCH 2019 CLASS UNTIL 15 JANUARY 2019. We’re making 2 partial scholarships available for each class that we run, in order to assist 2 students with the course fee. The scholarship applications for the September 2018 and March 2019 course are now open.
Here are the scholarship details:
- The scholarships are partial scholarships. Scholarship students are still responsible for a portion of the class fee.
- Scholarships are for students pursuing the Certification Track only.
- Cath and Kara will award the scholarships at their own discretion. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the following criteria: applicant’s fit with the course values; applicant’s background/ previous experience in the domain of grief; applicant’s level of financial need; diversity (Diversity is important to us and we’ll prefer to award the scholarship to students who’s life experiences/ nationality/ heritage/ age/ ethnicity/ gender/ ability, etc. may be likely to increase the diversity in the discussions within our class.)
- The scholarships will give you a $975 reduction on your course fee. The scholarship students will need to be able to pay the remaining balance of the course fee.
- The deadline for the Sept 2018 deadline is 15 July 2018. The March 2018 scholarship application deadline is 15 January 2019.
- In order to be considered for a scholarship you will need to fill out the scholarship application form below and also complete the Program Application form here.
- If you are accepted into the program then we’ll ask you for a $500 deductible, non-refundable deposit to secure your spot. If awarded a scholarship it is not secured until the deposit is paid. The $500 will be deducted from your remaining course fee as partial payment toward the balance due.
You can apply to be considered for a scholarship by filling out the scholarship application section of the course application in the next steps section below.